View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Tent Thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Have had my eye on the MSR Whisperlite for a long time, any problems with it?

Dave
I've never heard of anything regarding them and I see some in use out here. I believe you'll be safe with the MSR or any of the other tents offered by the well known makers. The only time that you really need a specialty or expedition level tent is if you are facing the worst of the worst of weather conditions. High winds are (in my opinion) the toughest conditions to cope with. Torrential rains or heavy snow loads are right up there as well. If you are looking at short stay camps and not pushing the envelope seasonally the Whisperlight should make you a fine tent.

One thing I'll offer for choosing tents is to go for the best center height and door height that you can get. As I get older I appreciate a few extra inches in height especially at the door. Crawling into or out of a tent is hard enough without getting hung up on the door. Center height is important when you get caught by several days of rain, it's nice to have extra head room then.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;