View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feed Fed Trout Question

I don't know. It would depend on some things. Where I fish, the person who owns the river frontage stocks, and he stocks large fish, not the juveniles that the state usually stocks.

In the past few years, the fall has seen some real low water situations, so much so that there is almost no flow, just pools with a trickle in between. Of course, my initial thought when I saw this guy (or his employee) feeding the fish (and not getting any strikes) is that I was pissed. Here is this guy feeding fish and I'm not getting nothing.

On his side of things, he's keeping them alive. It's his investment, so he has a vested interest in keeping them alive for the people who show up.

I think that the fish were very picky because of the feeding AND because of the water temps at the time. Even in early October, the water temp was way up, which makes them lethargic.