View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Feed Fed Trout Question

Hi bandree,

Welcome to the forum. You have an unusual question. Like axle I don't know the answer for sure. Here are my thoughts.

Trout and Bass are predators and I think that this instinct would still be in the trout that are fed. I do know that in Bass lakes that have feeders the fish will still take lures. Being fed doesn't seem to have any impact on the Bass. Since you have caught Trout with spinning gear that would imply that they are still predatory. It could be you are catching fish as a reactionary strike.

I think you will have the best luck with streamers that are flashy and moved rapidly. Or, why not take some of the food and glue it to a hook. use a lot of food so it looks like a big chunk of food. Waterproof your bait fly with something and have a go at it. I suggest waterproofing because I am assuming the food falls apart after it is in the water for a while. You might try just the food with no waterproofing. This way you will get the smell along with a Blue Plate Special. OK, I just names your new fly for you.

If you don't tye flies get a ViseGrip to hold the fly while you work on it.

Frank