View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:41 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

In the quiet of the last twilight hours yesterday, my wife and I sat with a man and his wife to hear the results of tests ran over the last few days. His wife wanted us to hear it from them both, as I'd played a small part in helping to facilitate a lot of things in their home life. Me and mine were touched, and a little honored, to be honest with you.

The verdict on his wife's breast cancer exam? "Doc" the younger, will be handling the woman's treatments for a cancer that "Doc" feels can be remedied effectively and more easily than others originally thought! His wife was one of the fortunate few, in that it was caught early and is among the more curable forms of the disease.

It was at that point that the male half of this four-person equation decided to take a walk along the river and let the women talk, cry, laugh and share whatever other emotions came to mind. As he and I followed the small path along the river's edge, he stopped occasionally just to gaze down at the currents working their way downriver. Then, in a small, nearly inaudible voice and while still staring at the waters, he simply said "Thank you for everything you've done."

Gratitude acknowledged and accepted, we turned on our heels and made our way back to the river porch, the return trip as quiet and introspective as the first leg of the journey. I've long acknowledged that there is magic in the currents of any good trout stream. The knowledge that a little of that aforementioned "magic" had made it ashore pleased me to no end...