View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Augustine Beginner

Garrett: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with the local fishing, but I would suggest you stop in at a local fly shop and see about getting an hour or two of casting help. You will be surprised at how a professional can get you headed in the right direction with your casting. Also talk to them about what is available in the area for fly fishermen.

Here are a couple other ideas, take a look at the Orvis Learning Center, it has some great videos for beginners. How To Fly Fish For Trout, Bass & More | Learn Fly Fishing With Orvis

Also take a look at the Orvis Fly Fishing Podcasts by Tom Rosenbauer, there is some great information in those podcasts.
The Orvis Fly Fishing Podcast with Tom Rosenbauer

Also take a look at the archives on Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio, there might be some salt water episodes from your neck of the woods. I think you have to join up to listen to the archive episodes but it is free for a limited number of episodes. Also you can do a seach in the archive section, I didn't find anything searching for St Augistine, but searching for Florida turned up eleven different episodes.

Show Archive - Ask About Fly Fishing