View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM

petee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to allpetee is a name known to all
Default Re: Size 3 tip tops?

Now that this tip top post has been completely hijacked I'll weigh in on switch rods in the surf. Granted I am a newbie to the whole switch rod thing, but I love my Sage "One" in the surf. 100' casts are the norm. Not that I ever need to cast that far for any other reason than its fun, but still 100' with no effort....I'll take it. However, I am not trying to 1) use it as a one handed caster with a traditional fly line or 2) using a spey style cast. I am using a T-11, 330 grain, 30' shooting head with running line. Water load it and let it fly. Screw the false casting.

The same people who recommended that I not build a switch rod are now buying switch rods for themselves. Guess every rod has its place. Don't judge a switch until you try a switch. Taking what you read or what others say as gospel will make you a follower. Then you will never know if there is a better way for you.

Just my $.02

Pete
"Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16