View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Took a day off to fish

A buddy and I both took the day off to go fishing yesterday. Started the day up at a lake above 10K. We hear there were some tiger trout up there and wanted to check it out for ourselves. I'd never caught one, only seen pictures. They were more silver than I expected but very beautiful fish. Didn't disappoint.

My friend bought his fly rod over a decade ago, when he was in college and had never caught a trout. I gave him a bushy ausable wulff and he started the day with this fish.

Click the image to open in full size.

He followed it up with this one and all told we landed 20 or so on bushy dries and beetle patterns.

and one of mine with a beetle in his mouth, love the fins on this one.

We didn't catch many of much size but they are beautiful fish and strong. Brought my underwater camera but most of the pictures were bombs. The fish released quickly and the bottom was silty enough to cloud pictures, but I did like this release shot.

Here's a shot on the walk down. My 6wt was overkill for them but I was glad for it in the wind. Enjoyed using my Allen Trout reel too.

On the way home we spent a couple hours on a front range creek and caught some beautiful browns. Nothing was rising but they were willing to come up for some dries. Here's one sporting a parachute adams

Not big but great colors

My buddy has pics of my fish on his camera so I might post some more if any are particularly interesting. Great way to use some PTO and nice to have a nice variety of fishing so close to home.