View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Happened to My Wraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalensdad View Post
What's the best way to remove the epoxy without ruining the blank? I plan on using a heat gun to soften the epoxy, but I'm not sure how it will affect the thread and the blank. Do I just get it soft and then wipe down to the exposed threads, cut the thread and remove and then continue or something else?
Will you be wrapping back over the area again? If yes then carefully cut along the guide foot with a razor blade and peel off the guide. After that you should be able to find the loose end of the thread and unravel it. The epoxy will pop off as you unravel the thread. There's no way to get a blank completely clean without sanding a refinishing.