View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:29 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Happened to My Wraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
I'd worry about sanding it. Could be easy to sand too far or leave a rough surface that makes wrapping tough. I successfully used citri-strip on a blank but don't know that I'd do it for only one guide. Better to get as much as you can off unwrapping the thread then use your fingernail or something similar to slowly get the residue off. Can use a hairdryer too. I use it on low and don't let it blow hard on the blank, just warm the epoxy a bit and try to get it off, then repeat. Slow but better than wrecking a blank.
^ What he said. If your careful unraveling the thread most of the epoxy will come off and you can just wrap new thread right back on.