View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 04:40 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scandi or skagit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb View Post
I just think it needs a name - it seems Scandi and Skagit have caught the imagination yet lets face it, are simply variations on the classic theme - welcome certainly but perhaps useful only 'sometimes'. So the normal Spey needs a brand!

Perhaps Brit-spey should be called the "Classic Spey" - but it does sound old fashioned a bit. Certainly I dont think traditional Spey is correct as it has moderrnised over the last few years and is far more efficient now.

Any ideas for a brand name to get it back as the go to choice it should be ?

Follow your line of thinking and in total agreement. There's the casting turnie down in San Francisco every year. They had to change the 'rules' as to lines, but the 'Brit Lines' always win. No reason to 'wonder why?'

As to your last question: Carron ... period ... end of sen....

"Jimmie Jack," Gweneth (Carron) and their casting team nailed it. If you've ever had the privilege to meet any, you have been 'privileged.' The first two names few would know, but to have met and make meals for 22 up in Washington (casting contest). For context, if you had no idea (I didn't) who JJ-Ms. G were you'd never have guessed.

Ms. G as we were cooking: 'You have money don't you?'

'No Mam, I'm just financially comfortable.'

I was 'Pennies in there pocket' when it came to that.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 07-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.