View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 08:12 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default A afternoon at new water

I have a friend who is getting started with fly fishing, so we went to some new water today to try and get him on some smallies, plus one of my goals for 2013 was to catch a couple smallies on the flyrod.

New water cool, very fishy looking at parts. Wet waded the whole way, caught this to start the day off..

Click the image to open in full size.

Good ole dependable longear. These are wonderful little fish. A few casts later, 2013 fishing goal met...

We went about catching a few more longears and we got to a super fishy pool/riffle. I was missing smallies left and right at the front of the pool, so I decided to needed a fly to get down alittle faster in the current. So I tied on this crayfish I came up with and bam....first cast with the fly.

SO yeah...after that I was hard pressed to take pictures. I caught a rockbass, a couple other smaller smallies and a 10" largemouth. So yeah...today was a good day.I will be back to this water.

Storm Drain Bonefisher