View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Deal with Native Brookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikefisher69 View Post
Ok, it makes sense to make my first cast count, and to be stealthy. The only thing I've got a problem comprehending now is; I can catch browns in the rivers I fish almost every time I go out, but they're supposed to be the tougher species of the 2 to catch. But I always struggle with those dang brookies! I just don't get them.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I was fishing a tiny creek and a nice sized stream. I used attractor patterns, like royal wulffs, adams, pass lakes, and caddis patterns.
Sound like an interesting challenge. Not fun to be skunked, but it is fun to finally catch fish that make you work for it. What do you see the fish doing when you're fishing for them? Are they actively feeding when you walk up (on the surface or subsurface)? Do they keep behaving the same way while you're fishing for them? Sometime fish spook but don't run for cover. Instead they stay on the bottom and stop feeding for a bit.