View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
Thanks, Dean. PM me your addy and I'll send you some. I have a nearly bottomless pit of the stuff! That goes for the rest of y'all, too.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks also to Ard, Larry, and Pocono for your kind words. I really need to practice so that the final result is consistently the same. They'll all fish, but some have more hackle, some more wing, some more tail, etc.

I'm just a southerner trying to learn coldwater fishing (and tying)--it's a hoot, so I'm gonna keep at it, but I'm pretty much self-taught by books, youtube, and this forum (both fishing and tying) and I'm learning a ton from my mistakes. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that some technique is a mistake, but I get it eventually!
I was twisting up some flies tonight from this swap and all-be-damned is I didn't have some labridoodle dubbing to use. Made me chuckle...

Click the image to open in full size.