View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:39 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wader advice: Orvis Silver Sonic

I'm 3 yrs into a pair...generally wear them waist hi while wading and chest hi in my tube. Not sure how many days I have in them, but well over 100 certainly. No leaks, no issues. I find them comfortable, pretty easy on and off...if you like the idea of convertible waders, these do a nice job.

I got mine on sale and with a coupon...if you're not on Orvis mailing list sign up and you can likely save a few $$$.

I layer up pretty good in winter and they remain comfy with some warm stuff underneath.

Only possible issue I see with them is the gravel guards suck as they are not tight to your boots, but that hasn't caused me an problem.

edit: I read a little of the shootout and would agree with the write up they did. These waders are lighter than the hi dollar Simms (so maybe not for heavy bushwhacking in berry country) but I find them very easy to wear and comfortable. As I said above, I got mine for some $$$ off, but at the reg price they still look like a relative bargain, unless you're really into heavy bushwhacking...-Mike

Last edited by mikel; 07-14-2013 at 11:00 AM.