View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM

swimmy will become famous soon enough
Default Boulder River on Sat, Yellowstone River Sunday

I floated the Boulder on Saturday. It is getting low so probably the last float of the year on this one. Below 750 cfs and it is difficult to float...we did it at 725. Floated from Boulder Forks down to Otter (Yellowstone) which is about 17 miles. I had a good friend come who loves to row but doesn't fish so I had it all to myself. Anyway, streamer bite was ok early but wrecked 'em on the chubby from about 10 am on. It was probably a 30 fish day.

Such a cool piece of water.

Click the image to open in full size.

Saw an owl...

...and a lot of Brown trout. I've fished this river for years and this is about as big as I've caught. I'm sure there are bigger ones but I've yet to see 'em.

Sunday we floated the Yellowstone from Loch down to Carter's. My favorite flows on this river are 4000 cfs to 7000. We are now right at 4000 which is unseasonably low for this time of year. Fishing has been good but this thing may be a puddle come late August which could result in closures. Anyway, gotta get it while you can! No real pigs but turned some nice ones and got a couple decent fish in the net. Again, all fish were tricked on the chubby.

By far my favorite place in the world.

handsome little fella

She lives to fight another day.

It was a decent weekend. Summer time is here and it is getting hot. Gonna sneak out to the Gallatin this evening and beat the heat.