View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

jaybo41;

Your quote," There are plenty of other places on the inter webs to buy and sell gear, including the big auction site." In my mind kind misses what I'm saying.

I go to a local flyfishing club meeting and belong to a local gun club. EVERY single meeting or outing there's members horse trading, swapping, selling, buying, stuff. It's part of the fun.

I personally have met great guys buying selling here. Caught my largest redfish on fly with a great reel I bought here! I get and send PM's to people about what they are selling buying even if not buying/selling to me/them.

EBAY is not in the same spirit at all. Cold and calculating, I've learned how to wait till last 6 seconds to snap what I want. It's dog eat dog there, which is ok but you never meet other fly fisherman on that place.

But here is (was) friendly guys selling/buying stuff.

Lots of buying/selling at other sites right now. Last new add (not one with new post within it) is close to a week old.

Pete A.