View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 PM
pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

Your quote," There are plenty of other places on the inter webs to buy and sell gear, including the big auction site." In my mind kind misses what I'm saying.

I go to a local flyfishing club meeting and belong to a local gun club. EVERY single meeting or outing there's members horse trading, swapping, selling, buying, stuff. It's part of the fun.

I personally have met great guys buying selling here. Caught my largest redfish on fly with a great reel I bought here! I get and send PM's to people about what they are selling buying even if not buying/selling to me/them.

EBAY is not in the same spirit at all. Cold and calculating, I've learned how to wait till last 6 seconds to snap what I want. It's dog eat dog there, which is ok but you never meet other fly fisherman on that place.

But here is (was) friendly guys selling/buying stuff.

Lots of buying/selling at other sites right now. Last new add (not one with new post within it) is close to a week old.

Pete A.