View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

Hey Pete,

I'm with you, we have a super membership here and that's what makes it fun to post. I've had good transactions with people who only read the forum and do not contribute. Those transactions include phone calls and discussions. I want to know who I'm dealing with, and equally important, I want to provide prospective buyers with a comfort level. To that end, I've been lucky and have always had excellent transactions with people. Seeing these incidents though does make me more cautious however.

The advantage that you have by trading/buying/selling at a fly fishing club meeting is that you actually see and know these individuals. Since we don't have that luxury here in a virtual community (for the most part), my guess is the change to 200 post count was enacted to encourage new members to contribute elsewhere on the forum. By doing so, the current membership base can get to know them better. And maybe, just maybe they'll stick around and contribute, not just buy and sell.

Just my opinion.

By the way, I do agree, buying from a forum and established members is my preferred way to go. Sometimes the auction site has it's advantages as well, but is far less personable.

This board, for as long as I've been watching, has always seen less transactions than some of the others. I still believe though, that it's just slow right now and will pick up. Lots of folks are out there fishing!