View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

I've got some nice rods I'm selling but won't list here now.

Will go straight to 'bay. Might as well go straight to where it will get the visibility, and probably better price. Hey if I can get $8 more there versus selling to a potential fly fishing friend so be it.

Just don't need anyone to protect me from myself. It's really only fly fishing stuff, take the risk. Real simple choice.

jaybo41,

I buy/sel on Ebay, here (use to), and five other fishing sites. Also face to face. Face to face sales ain't majic. People try to shame you or ridicule you into lowering a price or accepting lower quality goods. Can IMHO be more upsetting than internet sales. So don't think there majic there.

All have pit falls and all have benefits. Ive found open/free single hobby focused sites like this one to be the best venue. Easy to spot kooks/crooks if you just ask the anally retentive questions only a real fly guy would know. If you don't get the answers (or if buyer doesn't ask same), then simply walk away.

Pete A.