View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info on vintage rod

I wonder if 'Coast to Coast' and 'Total Hardware' are a store that had its own name on a line of fly rods made by a major manufacturer? I googled Coast to Coast Total Hardware History and came up with links to Tru Value Hardware, looks like Coast to Coast is part of the companies history?

Does the text under the numbers say 'Brown Star'?

Hopefully someone with particular knowledge about this rod or line of rods will chime in with more info. Perhaps the numbers will yield info on line weight but I'm not sure how to interpret it. If you have fly reels around (or know someone who does) line it up and see what casts well.