View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pat's Rubberlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by long bow View Post
I'll tie mine in various sizes, and I've actually had some pretty good luck on 14s on a SUPER SECRET creek outside of Missoula Might be the fish though (Oh well). One great thing about tying your own flies is varying it up a bit from a shop bin. My bigger ones I'll throw on some legs reserved for streamers, leave 'em long, and let them undulate in the riffles. My thought being, most bugs aren't too keen floating mid-height, and are scuttling trying to get to safety. I've picked a few up with that pattern in the dead of winter, and it might not be the reason for the strike, but it makes me feel better if I think I had something to do with it.
I didn't know there were any SUPER Secret streams near Missoula! But intend to go to my favorite sorta-secret creek this weekend...I sure hope my intention comes to fruition. Maybe I'll make some size 14 rubber legs to try out...