View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:45 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Little Red River help

Al_a is right on here...

In my limited experience on the Little Red, they usually do call them sow bugs and they are very effective. The thing you'll need to get good at for a lot of the good holes on the LR (you may be already, but I've not really needed this skill much in warm water) is roll-casting with some accuracy, i.e. hitting slots where the fish are and maximizing your best drifts with big, slow mends. We fished very long, slooooooow drifts with very subtle takes.

I went there for my 30th birthday with my dad and brother, and we stayed and fished with a very godly man named Chuck Farneth. He's a great guy and very knowledgable fisherman. Like most trips with a new guide, I learned a lot by shutting my mouth... I'm pretty sure most of my success on the Guad in my home state and the Blue in OK over the last few years can be attributed to the patience and tactics I either learned from Chuck or honed with him.

Really pretty fish there, though I didn't catch any of great size we had a blast and caught a ton of fish

Click the image to open in full size.