View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gunpowder junkies..... (Fishing Report)

Sounds good to me! I would enjoy getting together with you sometime & seeing what we can find. I'll be a bit rusty I'm sure, as I haven't done any trout fishing in many years either. I always liked the fly only area just below Prettyboy dam. When I was a kid, I would go up & fish the Gunpowder for Smallmouths, Laregmouths or whatever I could catch. I used to fish the area near Rt 40, Rt 7 & Rt 1 a lot. There were some trout too, but mostly the bass & panfishes. Back then, there was places to park along the roads & access was much easier. Now, I guess that's not allowed.

That was before the river was the famous trout stream it is now.

My wife & I was up to my son's house last Saturday. The river looked a bit muddied from all the rain at Monkton Rd & there was a lot of folks with float tubes.

Float tubes hatches are not something I ever enjoyed fishing!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!