View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gunpowder junkies..... (Fishing Report)

Sounds good to me! I would enjoy getting together with you sometime & seeing what we can find. I'll be a bit rusty I'm sure, as I haven't done any trout fishing in many years either. I always liked the fly only area just below Prettyboy dam. When I was a kid, I would go up & fish the Gunpowder for Smallmouths, Laregmouths or whatever I could catch. I used to fish the area near Rt 40, Rt 7 & Rt 1 a lot. There were some trout too, but mostly the bass & panfishes. Back then, there was places to park along the roads & access was much easier. Now, I guess that's not allowed.

That was before the river was the famous trout stream it is now.

My wife & I was up to my son's house last Saturday. The river looked a bit muddied from all the rain at Monkton Rd & there was a lot of folks with float tubes.

Float tubes hatches are not something I ever enjoyed fishing!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!