View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tropical Lines Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I just order an Outbound short tropical floating line in 8 wt. and an Outbound short tropical intermediate line in 9 wt. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test soon.
I fished the Outbound Tropical Short in Mexico earlier this year and, depending on the temperature, either loved it or hated it, often both in the span of a couple of hours.

Got out early on the Sea of Cortez, boat, and during the cooler mornings the stuff coiled up in maddening style, knotting the stripped line enough to make me want to pitch the whole thing in the gulf. But as the day warmed, and later in the week on the beaches, the line performed like a champ.

Be sure to stretch it out good before using.

So, I guess, I'm suggesting you take a couple of spools if you expect the temps to vary significantly. Tropical for the heat of the day, something a bit stiffer for cool mornings. (Cool defined as under 80).

Edit: Just checked the box and the RIO Tropical Outbound Short is suggested for 75-100 degrees.

Mike

Last edited by Sep; 07-25-2013 at 12:05 PM.