View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Time To 'Fess Up...

You all make very valid points about the time and place for almost every kind of gear. Take today, for example... While the river runs by the house no more than 65 or so feet from where I sit, and a small hatch has been on most of the day, I won't grab a fly rod and take advantage of the ongoing "bugs." It's 94 degrees right now in northern Michigan, and I'd rather not stress any trout in that kind of weather.

On the other hand, I had a ball with one of my "fishing cronies" and his granddaughter at a little lake not far from here, as the crappies and bluegills were more than willing. The gear? The little ultra-light spinning outfit... With a campground right on the lake, there's very little room for any kind of back cast without fear of an inadvertant "hook-up."

It's nice to see that I'm in such good company when it comes to being "flexible" with the gear choices. After all, the bottom line is that we were at the little lake and out fishing...