View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marabou streamer on 2/0 hooks - how much?

Hi,

I have a few thought going through my mind but one thing that will yield better suggestions would be for you to post some pictures of said fly. You will need to upload your photos to photobucket or an image hosting website in order to display the image here.

Is this a specific pattern you are trying to replicate or is this freestylin?

When I have tied flies with zonker strips I often use a dubbing under the zonker strips and fold that over you might consider that. Arctic fox tail or raccoon are wonderful alternatives to marabou. When i tie intruder style flies, i use a dubbing ball to help support/flare out the hair. You could employ a similar technique with marabou.

For depth, add bead chain eyes or whatever type you prefer to give some weight to it. Alternatively, you could use lead tape or wire over the hook shank, tie it down and dub over that.