View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time To 'Fess Up...

I love to fish. Fly fishing is such a great sport. My sons and I fly fish together often. I also fish with friends who just use spinning tackle. I will go trolling on my buddies boat, catching very big fish that happen to hang out at a depth that far excedes the capacity of my fly reels. I have fished in the Keys with a Cuban hand spool, no rod at all. It's all good. I'm a fisherman. I had the good fortune to land a 46 pound tarpon on a 6' spinning rod, with a Mitchell 300, and 12 # Ande monofiliment line. I was 13 years old at the time. I enjoyed every second of that fight. It was a long time ago, but maybe still the best 45 minutes of fishing in my life. Would that be awesome with a fly rod ? Sure. But it did'nt happen that way. Why limit yourself ?
I don't look down my nose at other fishermen using conventional tackle. I join them. None of my fishing friends are snobs, or so into only one method that I would be uncomfortable on an outing with them. We can fly fish, too. But it's not my place to "convert" them to the fly rod. We just enjoy a good day on the water.

Last edited by siege; 07-18-2013 at 01:08 AM.