View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 AM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Re: Time To 'Fess Up...

I love to fish. Fly fishing is such a great sport. My sons and I fly fish together often. I also fish with friends who just use spinning tackle. I will go trolling on my buddies boat, catching very big fish that happen to hang out at a depth that far excedes the capacity of my fly reels. I have fished in the Keys with a Cuban hand spool, no rod at all. It's all good. I'm a fisherman. I had the good fortune to land a 46 pound tarpon on a 6' spinning rod, with a Mitchell 300, and 12 # Ande monofiliment line. I was 13 years old at the time. I enjoyed every second of that fight. It was a long time ago, but maybe still the best 45 minutes of fishing in my life. Would that be awesome with a fly rod ? Sure. But it did'nt happen that way. Why limit yourself ?
I don't look down my nose at other fishermen using conventional tackle. I join them. None of my fishing friends are snobs, or so into only one method that I would be uncomfortable on an outing with them. We can fly fish, too. But it's not my place to "convert" them to the fly rod. We just enjoy a good day on the water.

Last edited by siege; 07-18-2013 at 01:08 AM.