View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 AM

danattherock is on a distinguished road
Question Wind River Range...

Thanks in advance for your patience. I have never visited this part of the country but always wanted to. From NC, but spent 6 years in Alaska and on Nantucket. Since 2003, I have been fishing and doing remote float trips in Alaska each year. Now home in NC, wife and I just had our first child, air travel is getting more costly, I am looking for trips closer to home. We have some nice places in NC, but nothing to fill the void that frequenting Alaska creates.

Heard about the Wind River Range and it peaked my curiosity. What I am looking for is a 5-8 day hiking trip with some pretty mountain scenery, good backcountry camping, and a place to use my Scott 4 wts. My goal is to fly in, rent a car or use a shuttle service if applicable, hike and fish, then head back to the airport. Not sure what options are available.

Green just scrapes the surface. Any one willing to point me in the right direction? Any books to buy? Any particular trailhead to use (or avoid)? What airport to fly into in Wyoming? Any info at all would be most appreciated.

Dan

Last edited by danattherock; 07-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.