View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 AM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice
Default Re: Gunpowder junkies..... (Fishing Report)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
My wife & I was up to my son's house last Saturday. The river looked a bit muddied from all the rain at Monkton Rd & there was a lot of folks with float tubes.

Float tubes hatches are not something I ever enjoyed fishing!
During these hot summer days, Saturday and Sunday are tough fishing...Tubers, kayakers, canoeists, hikers, dog-swimmers, and families playing in the water turn the GP into a real zoo, particularly below Masemore Road... We've shifted our fishing until evening on weekdays when the pressure is much, much less... Rainy, overcast days keep a lot of the fair-weather water users off too... The water at Monkton often runs a lot more turbid as it gets all the water from Little Falls entering at Blue Mount Road... Its not rare for the water in the park to be gin clear and the water at Monkton to be very murky....

If your son wants to learn (and you don't want to be the instructor), Phil Gay, who lives right on the river in Monkton, is a guide and an excellent instructor. The folks at Backwater Anglers in Hereford and Great Feathers just down the road in Sparks are good folks too....