View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tropical Lines Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
I fished the Outbound Tropical Short in Mexico earlier this year and, depending on the temperature, either loved it or hated it, often both in the span of a couple of hours.

Got out early on the Sea of Cortez, boat, and during the cooler mornings the stuff coiled up in maddening style, knotting the stripped line enough to make me want to pitch the whole thing in the gulf. But as the day warmed, and later in the week on the beaches, the line performed like a champ.

Be sure to stretch it out good before using.

So, I guess, I'm suggesting you take a couple of spools if you expect the temps to vary significantly. Tropical for the heat of the day, something a bit stiffer for cool mornings. (Cool defined as under 80).

Mike
Looks like there's a definite threshold to look out for. I'll bring my Sage LMB taper as well, just in case. Now you really made me curious to see how these lines will perform. I'll be sure to report back when I return.

-VB

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
So true and conversally a tropical line in cold weather turns into the return of SLINKEY! Found out the hard way Steelheading!
That doesn't sound like fun. I'll have to remember to switch out the lines when I get back.

Thanks,

-VB