Thread: Last laugh.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:56 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Last laugh.

I stopped in the local pawn shop on my lunch hour today. Sometimes there is a nice old Colt, or Beretta. You never know what might show up.
What caught my eye was the black fiberglass Master brand fly rod. It had a black foam grip, about 5 guides in total, and the 6" tip section was taped back on the side near the top with some black electrical tape. The rod was about 5" shorter than when it left the factory in Taiwan. I made a pretty big show of shaking it around, and made an offer on it. The owner wanted $20 for it. I offered him $10, and we split the difference at 15.
I'm pretty sure he was laughing under his breath when I left with my prize. He must have been pretty confused when he found that rod in the dumpster out back where I had left it upon leaving the store.
He got me pretty good. All I kept was the Pflueger Medalist that was on the reel seat of that rod. I sure learned a lesson from that sharp operator today.

Last edited by siege; 07-19-2013 at 12:12 AM.