View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some new Dabbler patterns

Hi Kerry
The dabbler pattern was designed by a good friend of mine Donald McClaren who just lives down the road from me.
I would say that this pattern has been the most successful lough fly to be produced in the past 20 years.

It is mainly a pulling fly and works great when pulled through a big wave to within 3 feet of the boat then dangled for a few seconds before casting out again.
Tied mainly on a size 10or 12 Kamasan B 170 for normal trout fishing and a B175 if you are fishing loughs where there is sea trout and Salmon.
I have tied these on a size 8 and tried them on the rivers for Atlantic salmon and caught fish, and I have also tied them down to size 4 and 6 for guys fishing in BC for steelhead and Argentina for sea trout.
I am actually heading off to England next week to field test some of these with a few friends from the English National team so I will let you guys know how they perform
All the best
Laurie