View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 04:26 AM

bpeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Less force, more power. Contradiction or not?

Thank you all for the excellent answers. I couldn't have wished for a better response!

As I said, the guide was excellent. Never before have I had such excellent fishing. He will be my first choice if I ever get to fish on the White again. Everyone that hears his name will recognize that this man knows more about fly fishing than most do. Perhaps it's a combination of me being relatively new fly fishing and English not being my first language, but, as the question implies, I just found the advice conflicting. I think everyone who wrote here has helped to understand what he meant.

I have spent some time this summer trying to get a feel for the load of the road. I haven't made sensational progress but I'm slowly getting there. I have used the Lefty Kreh method described, but didn't know it was he who popularized it. I will, however, try higher back casts next time! Never tried to cast to the clouds, so to speak. I have attempted the "straight moving rod tip" but probably unsuccesfully. It doesn't help that coordinated movements never came naturally to me. 😀

Thanks to my guide, Davy Wotton, and all of you who contrinute here, for getting me on the right track.

/Peter