Thread: Bamboo Rods
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bamboo Rods

I just got my first bamboo rod this year. I love fishing it, but I find myself still reaching for my graphite rods more often. I am guessing the main reason is that I need more practice / time with the bamboo. The rod is a dream to cast but bamboo as you know is much slower casting stoke than graphite. I will add that catching a fish on bamboo is different than graphite. More of a feeling of being connected with the rod. If I heard this before I actually experienced it, I would have laughed, but in my mind there is some truth to it. I do believe that my new bamboo will soon become my go-to rod. Especially for small river / creek fishing. We are planning a trip to the middle of the Frank Church in Idaho. All wild Cutthroats hungry for dry flies. That trip is a bamboo trip for sure… picture to come soon.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com