Thread: Bamboo Rods
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud ofCutThroat Leaders has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bamboo Rods

I just got my first bamboo rod this year. I love fishing it, but I find myself still reaching for my graphite rods more often. I am guessing the main reason is that I need more practice / time with the bamboo. The rod is a dream to cast but bamboo as you know is much slower casting stoke than graphite. I will add that catching a fish on bamboo is different than graphite. More of a feeling of being connected with the rod. If I heard this before I actually experienced it, I would have laughed, but in my mind there is some truth to it. I do believe that my new bamboo will soon become my go-to rod. Especially for small river / creek fishing. We are planning a trip to the middle of the Frank Church in Idaho. All wild Cutthroats hungry for dry flies. That trip is a bamboo trip for sure… picture to come soon.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com