View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Winston has ruined me!!

Its a funny thing, this business of fly-rod addicts. I started out on an old fenwick 5/6 weight rod as a kid. The first rod I bought myself was an orvis clearwater 8'6" 4 weight, this rod was so light and crisp and I figured there was no way I would need to spend more because the more expensive rods were'nt much better. Then I had to get myself an orvis access 9' 5 weight tip flex a few years later, the performance increase was crazy I couldnt believe it. I thought at this point I had reached valhalla, nope, dead wrong. Then I got crazed and bought a loomis NRX, few months later a 9' 5 weight sage VXP and realized damn, this sage graphite is just butter smooth and can handle all types of all flies in almost all sizes and weights. Thats when sage got me by the balls.

Then I went completely off the deep end and bought myself two sage z-axis double handers, a z-axis 11' 8weight switch, and a z-axis 13'6" 7 weight spey rod, along with two hardy marquis salmon reels the #2 & #3 models. I am completely irresponsible and my fiance' is getting nervous to marry me, I'm afflicted with fly-rod dependancy. Again, once you've got a taste of qaulity graphite its game over. Recently I test casted a C.F. Burkheimer 7133 spey rod and 9' 5 weight classic single hander, Looks like I'll be maxing out the credit card and getting a divorce :P