Thread: Switch Rod
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:20 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Switch Rod

I'm going to second the sage z-axis as being my favorite switch rod, I have the 8110 and its a dream for swinging flies, if you can get your hands on one do it!. however, at $400 there are some good options; The reddington prospector 7117 and 8119 are both incredible sticks at $350, hard to beat at that price point. Next I would suggest the buelah platinum 8110, this rod is amaaaaaazing but will cost around $500. Another good rod that I like a lot is the TFO deer creek switch 7110 or 8110, at $350 these are solid sticks. There are other switch rods out there that are better but will cost you much more such as R.B. Meiser switch rods at around $650, or C.F. Burkheimer 7117 at $900 these are prime double handers and you certainly get what you pay for in caftsmanship and raw performance. Anyway, your best bet is to get some of these rods in your hands before you buy them because every angler has different preferences regarding the action and flex of various rods. Definetely try before you buy! good luck