View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 AM

stolenhorse is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with setting up new sage

Hello, I'm new here and am seeking help with a new sage launch 590 9' 2 piece 5wt that is on the way. I may need to purchase a new reel but do not want to spend an arm and a leg. Less than a hundred would be great. I do have a new in box never used 1967 Heddon 310 Daisey. Don't know if that would be appropriate for this rod or not. I need help on what brand line, backing tipping etc. I have been fly fishing most my life on and off and mainley for BIG bluegill small mouth creek bass and have been going up to arkansas, cotter fishing for rainbow and brown but have not used the flyrod. mainley light spinning. But I want to get more into fly fishing. I do have an old Shakespeare 8 1/2' 7wt Wonderod with an old Shakespeare Russell I use for bass around here and an old excellent shape 8' Southbend bamboo with an older Medialist 1494 on it. I have an 8 1/2 ft 7wt Dogwood canyon with a new martin 60 on it Im giving my wife. I am anxious on setting up this Sage and need your good advice. we will be going up to Arkansas this summer. I would appreciate some help. Thank You