View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Happy Birthday to my mentor

Also known to me and a couple of others as "Dad," the old guy turned 79 today, still out there fishing (though almost exclusively in the still waters). I'm so thankful today (and every day) that he's beaten the cancer so many times and is free and clear now (knock, knock). Fishing with him over the last couple of weeks brought me so much joy, there were times I just didn't know what to do with myself. I have shed my share of tears into the rivers worrying that he and I might have gone on our last fishing trip together, but this year they were tears of joy... joy that this man was right next to me, cheering me on as I fought the good fight, netting my fish for me, and talking to the fish as I revived them.

I thank God everyday that I've had such a wonderful and enthusiastic teacher in my life's passion... he's become more of an observer these days when I'm around, helping my wife when she needed it so that I could fish on my own more (you'll notice that he's holding the net for me or my wife in many of these, and most likely holding the camera in most of the shots of trout I've posted on here in the past).

Here's to you, Dad.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was the last fish he caught on the last day of my trip this year... I hope he made it out fishing today, the rain has kept him indoors (but kept the fires away, thank God!) for the last week