View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help from Orvis rod users

rustyhook: I have a 5wt Orvis TLS in a 9.5 tip flex. I bought it primarily to cast in the high winds we usually have here in WY in the spring, but it also casts streamers very well. I really enjoy fishing with it. If I didn't have the wind to deal with I would prefer the 7.0 flex as I like the feel of the casting stroke on that flex better. I agree with your thinking, you might be better off with the 6wt and the 9.5 tip flex for LMB/trout. I primarily fish nymphs and dries, but this last weekend fished streamers on the South Fork of the Snake River with forum member Davo (he is a fly fishing guide out of Jackson Hole, WY). We fished from the South Fork Lodge all the way down through the canyon section about 23 miles. He fishes with the T3 rod, send him a PM if he doesn't see your post and ask him what he thinks about the T3. I have never cast the T3 so I can't give you an opinion, but I can vouch for how Orvis treats their customers when they have rod problems, that is the main reason I fish Orvis rods. Good luck.

Larry