View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Need help from Orvis rod users

rustyhook

I have never cast the TLS line. However, last year I broke an old HLS 4 piece 6 wt, the rod was old enough (19yrs) that Orvis sent me a T3 4 piece 6 wt in it's place. I'm sure what they have sent you is the current comparable rod to your old out of production rod or better. That is what is so great about the Orvis.

That being said I fish nothing but streamers with my T3 4 pc 6wt midflex 7.0. I have no complaints. The bottom ferrel started to come unwrapped and is in the rod shop right now. I caint wait to get it back. Some of the large streamers I like to throw are just a bit to much for my client rods. For my clients I have Clearwater II 6 wt 2 pc mid flex 6.0. They do fine for large dries and nymphs as well as medium sized streamers. When I throw weighted double bunnies the rods struggle a bit. The T3 handles them no problem. Hope that helps.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures