View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: How are the water levels?

Yeah it sucks. There are bound to be a lot of closures this summer. The Clark Fork went over 70 last week at Superior ... but that section is already closed due to the fire that keeps on growing down there. It's mid July for crying out loud!

I guess it shouldn't be surprising, peak run-off was a full month early and so it fire season.

I did find some really cold water today, which made me feel good all the way around...and that was before I caught a couple nice cutties. I had to work for it, but it was great.

Fish early, guys. It really is the only safe time, when daytime temps peak at 5 or 6 pm water temps don't peak until after that. So when the sun is sinking and the fish are feeding try to let them be if its warm water. They are really vulnerable at that time. The water temps don't bottom out till early a.m.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
I hope so......Mid sept, was the only time my son could take vacation......I would have preferred late October on the Madison.......maybe I can do one of those "rain dances" and send some of our eastern monsoon moisture out west.......we have more rain here than we can handle this year........sometimes it either feast of famine.........
Do it, man!! Dance your ass off for me!