View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bighorn River Float Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklin View Post
I'm a newbie to the forum, but have +50 years FF. If you would, did you use a Wyo based boat, or did you bring one in?

Some friends and I canoed the Hoback/Greys/Snake last month, and brought our boats in from Colo. We had all done the AIS registration beforehand, and I stopped once for the inspection and drove to Jackson. Another one of our group came in a different route, stopped at the first inspection station she saw, got checked and cleared and drove on. When she drove past another station later, a ranger chased her down and told her she was supposed to stop at ALL inspection stations.

I drift boat in a Vanguard raft and was thinking about heading up to the Snake, but I move it rolled in my truck and have no interest in unpacking and showing it every 100 miles or so.

What's the real rules?
I have no idea. I live in Pinedale and just hooked the drift boat to the truck and drove over to the Bighorn, didn't see any check stations so I didn't get checked. I guess I need to run down to Game and Fish and see what the rules are. I know they have check stations on Fremont lake and Boulder lake, but I have never used them. Last year when I went over to Boulder lake, I just put in on one of the beaches and fished, didn't go down to the boat ramp as I was using a pontoon. I'll let you know what I find out.

Larry