Thread: Abel Hemostats
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Abel Hemostats

I use a straight point set of Dr. Slick's which I like quite a bit. Not only do they work for me, but they slide into the Fishpond Retractor that I use so I don't have to worry about that sharp point ever jamming me when I take the inevitable fall and going through some organ I'd rather not have to get repaired. So I'm satisfied with my set up.

However, I had no desire to buy the Abel nippers until I bought a pair as a gift for my best bud for Christmas. Once I held them in my hands, I wanted a pair for myself, which ironically, I received as a gift from said bud. So while my plan is to pass on these, when I see the in the fly shop I will check them out. If I like them - the build and functionality - I'll probably buy a pair because I love Abel gear. I have no interest in a fish print because they will take a beating, like my nippers do. I'll save the fish prints for reels. I will add that those nippers are the best darn set I've ever owned. I love them.

Cheers,
Mike.