Thread: Sticky Fly Line
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:56 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice
Default Re: Sticky Fly Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
There's no two ways to look at it.
The guy was lying through his teeth just trying to make a sale.
I think that part of it is that they don't have tons of variations in product for a 10weight.
For instance- if I was only going to purchase Rio, here's what else they have...

Power Fly
Muskie/Pike

He did mention that those 2 lines do over power the tropical as far as head weight and may not be a great match since I'm more in the bass/muskie niche... Its too much for a smaller fly and I'm not really throwing 14" flies for muskie. The river muskie here will eat anything down to a mini rebel crayfish lure (I know from experience)

I also looked at Jim Teeny's big bass bug fly line and thought id give a call for more info on that product. I will clean the line I have though and see what happens on the next outing.

Weather here has been a bit extreme though, especially with the humidity. It seems worse than past years and now we're basically a part of tornado alley and catching tons of hurricane aftermath... I don't ever remember the weather being so weird around here.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...