View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Simms Headwaters or Orvis Silver Sonic Waders

I have the Simms convertibles and prefer to buy their stuff, but I will say this... A buddy just left Orvis for our local shop, and I asked him about the silver Sonics for my wife (though she decided she wanted a new rug for her birthday this Friday... Oh well, I tried ), and he could think of no reason to spend an extra $100 to get her the Simms other than brand preference. He said he never saw or even heard of a complaint as far as leaks, etc go on the Orvis, and he ran the fly shop at this store for quite awhile

Side note...Orvis has really gone the extra mile in tailoring the body of their women's waders for females to make them much more comfortable, and I want my wife to be a happy camper on the water. I'd encourage anyone getting waders for the lady in their life to check out the video that several female Orvis employees made regarding their waders, it's actually pretty cool. While my next pair of waders is a long ways off (hopefully), I'll probably get Patagonia or Simms, but something tells me that my wife will be rocking Orvis for many years to come.

She wet-waded most days on our recent trip, I was so proud