View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap backing or substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
What you guys mention the use of "trolling line" are you referring to lead core that some people use on fly reels to add weight to balance the rod?

Thanks --
No, this stuff

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Now That Is Noteworthy!

You are the first person to mention this in any thing or place I have read about fishing Paul. Because I have had so many instances where either an entire 90' fly line or a 130' Spey line is being torn from the reel and pulled underwater, I've taken stock of this situation on many occasions.

When faced with this scenario I do whatever it takes to get that line up and to put as much back on the reel as quickly as possible.

Real good food for thought as are many of your posts here.
All these little "tips" that you accumulate over the years.
It never occurs to you that they're not common knowledge