View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bamboo and bluegills

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetmullet81 View Post
Ok. Well I will put the 6wt reel back on and just keep practicing. You must forgive me for being over cautious. I have 5 other fly rods and I can use them at any time. I guess I'm a little afraid of damageing or breaking this rod because it was a gift from an old family member. Though he fished it on plenty of big rivers and streams for years. I guess what i mean is I can afford to break one of the other rods. If I loose this one its not replaceable.
It may not be replaceable but unlike graphite it can often be fixed... But just because it's old doesn't mean it can't take a whooping... Just don't do anything silly like trying to yank a fly out of a tree and always put it back in it's case when transporting it from house to hole and vice versa... Also always remember to let it air dry after a day of fishing when you get home

Also try a wf line with a long belly or a dt... These help bamboo load a lot better... Try a dt5... Wf6... Dt6... Sure one of those will match well... I really like a H&H classic dt5 on my boo

Btw... Can you give us any info on the rod? That may help us help you find the line best suited for that rod