View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing With Health Issues

All I can say is welcome to the club...

6 operations, a fused ankle, new hip and a leg an inch shorter than it started is where I am right now. It slowed me down a bit when I was on crutches for almost 3 years, but I still got out fairly regularly.

Now that it is all healed and my mobility is limited, I still get out at least once a week and usually wade fish. I always have my wading staff and I go slow and easy and avoid the deep wading in swift waters that I used to love. I still catch plenty of fish and chalk it all up to life - you never know what you're going to get.

Check out Mike Lawson's Facebook page. He just had surgery on both hands! https://www.facebook.com/mike.lawson.180625

Here are a few shots of me when the bug just got to be too much and I had to get on the water:
Click the image to open in full size.

Hey, I say it is what it is and I deal with it the best I am able. I love life too much to let this stop me. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Kelly.