View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

I have finally needed to sit and tie flies. I've got a lot of flies and I don't lose many but the fish have been hard on some of my regulars. In response to a dwindling supply I made; Jock O' Dee (this is a Dee wing salmon or trout fly) in size 6, tied to Bartleet hooks; Ard;s Nine Three, tied to an assortment of size and on various style hooks; and finished off the bunch with 'Steve's Green Butt' in size 8 Bartleet.

These are not the flies but pictures of the same patterns, I made 4 of each.

Jock O' Dee
Click the image to open in full size.

Ard's Nine Three

Steve's Green Butt

I skipped the counter wrap tinsel on the Dee flies and used burnt goose dyed gray instead of blue eared pheasant. I did however add jungle cock eyes just because They are perhaps a bit more sparse too, This Dee pattern is a very good trout fly for me. As a matter of fact all three patterns are really doing well, that's why I needed to tie more

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;