View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap reel for my cheap Spey set-up

The 1498 and the 1598 are basically the same except the 1500 series have an exposed rim. The spools are interchangeable.
I use my 1598 for my 11wt lines....

That 1598 that's for sale "over there" is mistakenly called a 1498 in the ad. You'd have to look to know the difference.
I like traditional look of the 1400s better anyway and if you modify the reel like I did to a couple of mine, the rim control isn't missed.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

There's a mistake on the CJ too
The ad says its a 1498..... it's really a 1494