View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8wt. Reel Advice

Hi,

I can't quantify the drag strength test, but I can tell you that lots of folks use Galvan Reels in both salt and freshwater. My T-6 has never let me down on Lake Run steelbows, I've never felt under gunned in the least bit. Lots of folks use them chasing sea run anadromous fish, which I think speaks volumes about the confidence Galvan owners have in their reels. By the way, the same drag that's in the Torque is also in the Rush series, the added cost is in the machining of the reels themselves.

swirlchaser uses a T-12 in the salt, you might ask him about his experience with his.

I haven't personal experience with Hatch reels but have read lots of good things about them.